Summary Terms and Conditions
GB residents only, aged 18+. 09:00 15.09.23 – 23:59 17.11.23. Internet access required. Proof of purchase required. To enter (1) Purchase a qualifying promotional pack of Abbot Ale, (2) Scan the QR code or visit https://www.greenekingbrewery.co.uk/abbot-promotion-2023/ (3) enter your email address. Prize Draw: 2 winners will each receive a 3-night weekend stay for 2 in an English Heritage Cottage. Random draw at end of promotion. Instant Win: 100 entrants who enter at a randomly allocated winning moment will instantly win 1 of 100 annual English Heritage memberships. Winning moments roll over if not claimed. Any unclaimed winning moment prizes reallocated to wrap up draw. One entry per person/email/address/IP per pack. One grand prize & one secondary prize per person. No guarantee all prizes will be won. Full terms: https://www.greenekingbrewery.co.uk/abbot-promotion-2023/ Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Ltd, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds IP33 1QT.
Full Ts & Cs
- 1. This promotion is open to GB residents aged 18 or over only. Employees of Greene King, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, are not eligible to enter.
- 2. Promotional Period. This promotion opens at 09:00 on 15.09.23 and closes at 23:59 on 17.11.23. Subject to availability.
- 3. Internet access required.
- 4. Entry requirements. Purchase a qualifying promotional pack of Abbot Ale, scan the QR code or visit https://www.greenekingbrewery.co.uk/abbot-promotion-2023/ and enter your email address to enter the online instant win promotion. Entrants are advised to take care when submitting an entry. Only correctly submitted entries will be accepted. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered.
- 5. Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- 6. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this or any other condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
- 7. Incomplete, illegible, invalid, misdirected, or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- 8. Prizes. 102 prizes are available to win.
- 9. Prize Draw Grand Prizes: 2 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received across the promotional period via the competition website. They will each receive a 3-night weekend stay for 2 in an English Heritage Cottage. Selection subject to availability.
- 10. Instant Win Secondary Prizes: 100 winners will be notified instantly on the microsite if they are a winner of a secondary prize via a secure, independently verified computer programme. 100 winning moments prizes have been randomly allocated across the promotional period. If no entry is received between one winning moment and the next, the prize from that winning moment will be rolled over into the next winning moment and be available to be won then. No guarantee all prizes will be won during the main promotional period. Any remaining prizes not won or any prizes that remain unclaimed following the close of the main promotional period will be re-allocated to a wrap up draw (see clause 19). The prizes available are 100 Annual English Heritage Memberships.
- 11. One entry per person/email/address per pack. Anyone entering more than once using multiple identities or computerised or automated system will be disqualified from the promotion. Maximum of one grand prize and one secondary prize per person.
- 12. The prizes are non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case Greene King reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
- 13. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offers, promotions or voucher codes. This promotion is not valid in stockists that aren’t taking part in this promotion.
- 14. The Prize Draw Grand Prize winners will be informed of their prize within 7 working days following the end of the promotion, unless otherwise specified.
- 15. The Instant Win Secondary Prize winners will find out instantly on the competition microsite on entry if they are winner. All winners will be determined via a random online instant win computerised programme (see clause 10).
- 16. Each winner of any prize will receive an email from our prize fulfilment team to confirm their prize win and dispatch including a request for age verification (copy of photographic ID: valid driver’s license or passport accepted). Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time including junk/spam mail.
- 17. Winners of the grand prize will be required to supply card details to English Heritage prior to their stay. This will not be charged unless there is damage to the property.
- 18. Notification. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 10 working days or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, Greene King reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the prize draw/wrap up draw process.
- 19. Wrap-up draw. In cases where responses are not received in time or a winner is ineligible or rejects a prize, another winner will be selected during a wrap up draw after the promotional period ends. Winners will be selected from all losing valid entries by a randomised computer process. The wrap up draw will take place by 5pm on 04.12.23. Winners of the wrap up draw will be notified via the email address used for entry and will be supplied with ‘how to claim’ details by 5pm on 05.12.23. Winners have 10 working days to respond to initial notification by providing their name and their postal address. Age will be verified by asking for a scanned copy of their photographic ID (valid driver’s license or passport accepted). In the case that they do not respond in time or are ineligible another winner will be selected using the same methodology as above. This process will take place once and any unclaimed prizes will then be null and void.
- 20. Greene King accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
- 21. The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third-party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
- 22. Delivery. The winners will receive their prize within 30 working days following the end of the promotion, via email (digital items) unless otherwise specified. In any event the prize must be claimed and taken within twelve months of the closing date.
- 23. Limitation of liability. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. We are not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- 24. Intellectual property. You will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material that you submit as part of this promotion. However, you grant Greene King (and our agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- 25. Publicity. The winners may be asked to take part in publicity relating to this promotion but this will be discussed with the winners before taking place.
- 26. Winner’s name. In accordance with the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code, we intend to make available the surname and county of any winner. Any winner that objects must notify us as soon as possible after you are informed that you have won.
- 27. General terms. By entering this promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
- 28. Greene King reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
- 29. Greene King reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winners, including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
- 30. Greene King's decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- 31. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, we reserve the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavor to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- 32. Governing law and jurisdiction. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 33. We remind anyone entering this promotion to drink responsibly. Please visit www.greeneking.co.uk/enjoy-responsibly for the facts.
- 34. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT
- 35. Data Controller. Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited (ICO registration number ZA054235) is the data controller in respect of this promotion.
- 36. We are required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. We are a member of the Greene King group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- 37. Why do we need to process your personal data? We want our promotions to be administered fairly so that all entrants can enjoy them. To do this well, we need to process some of your personal data. We will process your personal data to administer the promotion, to confirm that you have complied with the terms of the promotion, to confirm whether you have won a prize, to communicate with you in relation to any prize you may win and to deal with any queries you have in relation to the promotion.
- 38. What information do we process? When you enter a promotion we need your contact information. If you are a winner we may ask for your date of birth in order to confirm your eligibility to enter the competition and other contact information so we are able to send your prize to you. We will also collect any personal information you include in your message.
- 39. How long do we keep personal information for? If you exercise your data protection rights, we will keep a record of your request and our response indefinitely, to be able to show that we responded properly and fairly to your request. Otherwise we will keep your data for the following time periods:
|Information relating to…||Is kept for…|
|Entering a promotion||4 months following the closing date of a promotion |
|Enquiring about a promotion||3 months following our reply to you|
- 40. Will we sell your personal data to anyone else? No. That’s not something we do.
- 41. Who do we share personal data with and why? Any personal information collected may be shared with other companies in our Group and will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. [We work with the following third party suppliers and service providers who will process your personal data in order to administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with you on our behalf:
|Third party||Personal data that is shared||Reasons for sharing personal data|
|Multiply (UK) Ltd||Name, address including post code, date of birth, telephone number, email address, photographic ID and any other contact information provided.||To administer the promotion and respond to customer queries and complaints|
- 42. All of these organisations are required to comply with our data processing standards and are bound by the terms of this privacy notice. They are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- 43. We will share your personal data as required by law or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority.
- 44. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business. The buyer will only be permitted to use your personal data as outlined in this privacy notice.
- 45. We will not pass your personal information outside of the UK or EU or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- 46. Direct marketing. We may ask whether you want to receive marketing from us – it’s your choice, but if you sign up for marketing please read our general privacy notice at www.greeneking.co.uk/privacy.
- 47. Publicity. If you are a winner or runner up, we may use your data for publicity purposes as explained in the terms and conditions above.
- 48. What are your rights and how can you exercise them? We can be contacted by post at: Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.
- 49. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by post at the address above, or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50. We process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law. The lawful bases we rely on for our primary processing purposes are as follows:
|Processing purpose||Lawful basis for processing|
|Administering a promotion||We process personal data because it is necessary to do so for the performance of the relevant contract.|
|Responding to an enquiry about a promotion||We believe it is in our commercial interests to respond to our customers making this processing a legitimate interest.|
- 51. You have the following rights under data protection law:
- a. to ask us to tell you what personal data we are processing that relate to you (right of access);
- b. to require us to rectify or stop processing inaccurate personal data (right to rectification);
- c. to require us to delete personal data relating to you, subject to there being valid grounds (right to erasure);
- d. to require us to restrict our processing activities, subject to there being valid grounds (right to restriction);
- e. to object to processing, in particular to profiling (right to object) and direct marketing (by withdrawing your consent);
- f. to ask that personal data about you be sent to another controller of your choosing, subject to there being valid grounds (right to data portability).
- 52. You can notify us of your wish to exercise any of these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer, using the contact information provided above.
- 53. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the data protection regulator for the United Kingdom) or in some circumstances, another European Union data protection authority.
- 55. Changes to this privacy notice. This privacy notice is effective from the opening date set out above. You can check if the privacy notice has changed by revisiting this webpage at any time.